Hegg Pineapple Tarts
Inspired by Devina Hermawan's Recipe
Serving size: 50 pineapple tarts
Hegg Wash Mixture
20g Vegan Cream / Full-fat Cream (Note: If you find it too thick, please add 10g plant-based milk/milk to the mixture)
1/2 tbsp Cooking Oil
200g Pineapple Paste Filling (You can either buy/use your own recipe!)
125g Plant-based Butter/Unsalted Butter
55g Icing Sugar
20g Vegan Cream / Full-Fat Cream
1/4 tsp Salt
50g Coconut Milk Powder
125g Plain Flour
55g Corn Flour
1. Preheat the oven to 135°C.
2. Whisk the butter. You can either hand whisk it or use a hand mixer at medium speed for 3 minutes.
3. Add Hegg Eggless Egg, Cream, and icing sugar to the butter bowl. Mix it until combined.
4. Sieve the plain flour, corn flour, and coconut milk powder. Add it to the butter bowl. Mix it using a spatula.
5. To make a 2cm-tart, you'll need 3g of pineapple paste filling and 6g dough. Flatten the dough and put the pineapple paste filling at the centre. Form a golf ball.
6. Bake the tarts at 135°C for 20 minutes.
7. Combine all the ingredients together to make the Hegg wash.
8. After 20 minutes, take the tarts out from the oven. Coat the half-baked tarts with Hegg wash.
9. Bake the tarts at 135°C for another 10 minutes. Then, bake the tarts at 180°C for 5-10 minutes/until it hardens.
10. Serve while hot!